Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Feminism

I was reading through some reviews on past production of Fefu and couldn't help but notice how all of them mentioned that it was a piece that dealt with feminism and gender politics 'in a new way'. All of them seemed to think that it was very different from the other feministic plays. With my basic knowledge of feminism, I would tend to agree, but I began to wonder what people thought of when they thought of feminism. This is kind of an open ended question and kind of just something that I'm curious about.

Personally, I think it is the way that these women relate to each other that creates a sense of an atmosphere that is innately female, one of support and relaxation in a world without males. But I think that's just one aspect of the idea and I would love to hear some other people's thoughts on feminism, both in the context of this play/their character and in life in general.

No comments: