Monday, November 17, 2008

Books!

Hey all -

So, I need to start amassing books to have lying about in the study. I don't read about the womenfolk that often, or about the queerfolk, or the menfolk, or any kind of genderfolk(fuck?) for that matter, so if you wouldn't mind throwing out titles, I would be much obliged.

In addition, any books that strike you as 'Phillip.' Stuff like that. Cuz y'all are much more acquainted with Phillip than I am. And Fefu and this particular set of friends.

So yea. Feeding Frenzy! (and period is of no object, but cost is...)

s

1 comment:

Annie said...

I think this is a complicated question...even if we are ignoring period, I do think that a book from, say, the 90s means something very different than a book from the 60s or from the 1800s.
I likewise have basically no background in feminist or gender studies. Mark??
I do think that some older psychology books might be interesting. Obviously I'd say Freud or something, but I'm afraid that such a book lying on the table would immediately make the audience jump straight to hysteria and subconscious and relate it to the characters...which isn't right, I don't think. It's more of the social context of such writings which is important.
I also would say some texts that relate to Emma's speech might be nice...
Anyway, this was probably not very helpful, but I'll look into it.